To answer this question, I have found each person has a different answer. For me, it really depends on a few things:
- How long ago did I do the Mani?
- How badly is the chipping?
- Is glitter polish involved?
- Do I have time to complete a new mani?
If the mani was relatively simple I don’t mind re-doing it. However if its complex and hasn’t been on for very long I would rather repair.
This week my blue ombre glitter mani was damaged after only a few days of applying it. Due their being so much glitter I have decided to repair it, so that I can get at least two weeks from this design.
Tips for repair:
- Use the exact same polish.
- Don’t freak out when the polish looks different as you apply it. The colour will change as it dries
- Try to have the bear minimum on the brush to avoid getting polish on the per-existing nail polish
- Apply a coat or two of clear top coat. This will not only protect the repair but also hide any lines or minor differences.
The Nail Chronicle